NAK Neuer Aachener Kunstverein was founded in 1986 and is one of the leading art associations in Germany. NAK’s program includes five to six thematically oriented exhibitions annually, various events, workshops and a program for members. Since 2018, Maurice Funken has taken over the artistic direction of the NAK.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
from the 1st of AUGUST 2021 for a period of 18 months:
full-time as CURATORIAL ASSISTANT with a degree in art history, art science or a related subject (Magister, Master, Diplom).
THE SCOPE OF DUTIES INCLUDES:
- exhibition conception & research
- writing of scientific texts
- press & public relations
- exhibition organization, production & transport coordination
- Procurement of materials and objects
- artist support
- Acquisition of funding & third-party funds
- sponsor advertising
- Conception & supervision of printed matter
- Administration & office organization
- Project calculation, project monitoring & project accounting
- Mediation work & member support
- Supervision of interns & volunteers
WE EXPECT FROM YOU
very good knowledge in the field of contemporary art. You have excellent communication and language skills, both written and spoken, practical skills in setting up exhibitions, have a very good command of English, preferably also knowledge of another language, are familiar with common programs, internet applications and social media affinity, show enthusiasm, great commitment, ability to work under pressure, organizational skills, ability to work in a team and reliability.
WE OFFER YOU
the opportunity to gain profound experience in an internationally oriented institution of contemporary art within our team. Please send us your informative
with CV and cover letter by the 19th of APRIL 2021 via email to the Kunstverein.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.